The Chicago Scholars Foundation provides Chicago’s young leaders with the support they need to achieve their dreams: mentorship, college admissions support, and access to summer internships and career programming. We reach out to students from recently emigrated families and under-resourced communities and nurture their talent through an innovative five-year program lasting from the senior year of high school through the senior year of college. Our academically ambitious Scholars are not only investing in their own career growth and success but also ensuring that Chicago remains competitive in the global economy for years to come.
Scholars begin the program the summer before their senior year of high school and continue until they graduate from college. Since its inception over a decade ago, Chicago Scholars has helped more than 2,500 students earn college degrees, reflecting a 95% 5-year graduation rate among participants.
Each Chicago Scholar’s support system consists of:
- Help from adult mentors on the college selection and application process
- A series of workshops offering application assistance, technical financial aid support, and skills for independent living such as budgeting, etiquette, and personal health and well-being
- A network of college and university partners devoted to providing an academic excellent experience leading to the graduation of each scholar
- Community partners who invest in scholars as early as middle school and work with Chicago Scholars to ensure on-going support
- Information on scholarship opportunities and access to a low cost loan center
Chicago Scholars serves the community by nurturing future leaders whose professional contributions will make Chicago a better place to live, work, and raise a family.